Wuthering Heights (#740)
I'm back!!! Sorry for my absence. In addition to rehab for my broken patella, my eyesight has been deteriorating (close up), and it was difficult to see what I was writing. I am now a client of Vision Corps, a state and federally funded organization helping the visually impaired with equipment and ideas to help. So I'm back to writing and have a lot of films to catch up on--several months worth if I can remember them. And I apologize in advance for any and all typos. My most recent film was WUTHERING HEIGHTS. I never read the book and don't recall seeing an earlier film version, but I seriously doubt if any female author including Emily Bronte wrote a book depicting the sexuality of this film in the mid-1800s. The movie is visually attractive as are the lead actors, Margot Robbie and some guy who portrays Heathcliffe, a laborer on the estate where she lives. Briefly, she rejects him, he leaves, she marries, he returns, mysteriously now wealthy, and they satisfy their sexual needs until he leaves again. I found the whole thing boring. Critics weren't impressed. Only 57% gave it a thumbs up along with 76% of audiences. My advice? Stay home.

hi
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading this post. The content is well structured, easy to understand, and keeps the reader engaged from beginning to end. It's always refreshing to find blogs that focus on sharing useful information and genuine insights in a simple way. I appreciate the effort you put into creating quality content that people can actually learn from. During my free time, I also enjoy exploring entertainment platforms like XuperTV. Thanks for the excellent article.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! First off, sending best wishes for your patella recovery and for adjusting with the help of Vision Corps. Emerald Fennell's *Wuthering Heights* with Margot Robbie and Jacob Elordi definitely leans into high-concept melodrama over Emily Brontë's original gothic tone, so it's easy to see why the response felt so mixed. When taking a break after catching up on movie reviews and film blogs, streaming live shows and entertainment on xuper tv keeps unwinding quick and easy. Great to have you back writing!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you back posting! Fennell's choice to turn *Wuthering Heights* into a steamy, stylized period piece definitely raised eyebrows—especially comparing it to traditional literary adaptations. Jacob Elordi and Margot Robbie certainly bring star power, but if the story pacing doesn't connect, no amount of glossy cinematography can save it. For film lovers who like keeping background movie streams or cinema podcasts playing on a tablet, having the xuper tv app ready makes streaming super smooth. Thanks for sharing your review!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to blogging! It sounds like Vision Corps is providing some fantastic support. Your take on *Wuthering Heights* hits the nail on the head—Brontë’s 1847 novel was intense and dark, but this 2026 version definitely took major modern liberties with the romance and themes. Whether relaxing at home after catching up on film write-ups or streaming live TV channels on your phone, downloading the txupertv apk gives you instant access to live streams anywhere. Looking forward to your upcoming catch-up reviews!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to have you back writing posts! Health and vision updates take priority, but it's great to hear Vision Corps is helping out. A 57% critic score really reflects how divided audiences were on Fennell's controversial take on Catherine and Heathcliff. After spending the evening catching up on cinema blogs, movie reviews, and entertainment news, kicking back with super tv for live channels and evening shows is my favorite way to end the day. Take care and keep the reviews coming!
ReplyDeleteCatching up on personal film reviews after a long hiatus is a wonderful way to reconnect with fellow movie lovers, even when recent period-drama adaptations fall short of expectations. When taking a break from writing cinematic breakdowns and adjusting your daily routine, grabbing the moto wheelie 3d game provides a fun, lighthearted way to relax and pull off awesome motorcycle stunts on your device. Sharing candid movie opinions keeps film blogging lively and authentic for dedicated readers.
ReplyDelete