Speak No Evil (#600)


I am sorry to report that my 600th review was a genuine stinker, at least in my opinion and despite what critics and audiences believe.  It claims as its genre "suspense," but I would classify it as psychotic and silly.  I should have recognized this from the previews I had been watching for what seemed like six months.  In SPEAK NO EVIL, a naive American couple who live in London and are having rough times meet an arrogant "doctor" and his wife on vacation in Italy and accept an invitation to visit these relative strangers at their home in the West County of England. They take their young daughter.  Dr. Arrogant begins to exhibit some aberrant behavior and you want to scream at the naives to go home.  They don't and things only get worse.  I guess James McAvoy does a credible job as the nutty doctor, but the other actors seem to be playing their parts as if they were in another movie, or at least another place. You will also learn why the movie was titled as it was.  One of the scenes was ridiculously salacious, others were violently and outrageously bizarre and I was delighted to leave the theater after an hour snd 40 minutes of this.  To demonstrate the difference between me, critics and a typical audience, 83% of critics and 85% of audiences liked this one.

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)