Blink Twice (#594)


I don't know if I'm getting more critical or movies are getting worse.  The movie I saw yesterday was just plain awfu—a psychedelic melange of awful characters, amateur acting and ridiculous plot.  And if I'm not repeating myself, Channing Tatum couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, the high point in this film being when he says "I'm sorry" at least nine times in succession, the last time screaming it.  The plot, such as it is, involves a billionaire playboy (Tatum), striving for a new image as a philanthropist. At a social event he is hosting, he meets two girls, waitresses, who have sneaked in, and invites them to fly with him to his private island where the main activity seems to be drug use and mysterious happenings.  The film BLINK TWICE was directed by Zoe Kravitz who must have taken drugs along with the cast, the musicians and anyone else associated with the film. Once again I am baffled by the critics response, where 73% gave it s thumbs up, along with 68% of audiences.

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)