Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (#597)


I honestly don't recall if I saw the original Beetlejuice because I have no recollection whatsoever of it. Thus, did I innocently enter the theater today to see BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE, the sequel which starred some of the people from the original, specifically Michael Keaton, Catherine O'Hara and Winona Ryder.  To my surprise, I actually liked it and laughed aloud at times. It is funny, weird, silly, colorful and bizarre, and costumes and makeup add to the fun.  I am reasonably certain all of you know the plot and characters of the original, and I suspect this is just more of the same years later.  It is basically a fantasy of the living and the dead getting together, and the result is fun for all including the audience.  The new actors in this latest version are Geena Davis and Willem Dafoe and they just add more spice to the happenings.  This is a typical Tim Burton production, but perhaps a bit more subdued and likable.  I enjoyed myself so much that i will watch the original on Turner Classic Movies, which has resurrected it to salute the sequel.  76% of critics gave it s thumbs up, snd 82% of audiences joined them.

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)