Strange Darling (#592)


The movie I saw today had an appropriate title "Strange" and I didn't have a clue as to what was going on.  A narrator explains as STRANGE DARLING begins that this is the actual story of the most notorious and vicious serial killer in history, but to me the film is about two unattractive people smoking excessively and talking about sexual attraction then snorting coke snd fentanyl, getting high and handcuffing one or the other to the bed and occasionally someone is shot or knifed. There are several scenes of the woman running away from the man pursuing her with a rifle.  If this confuses you, join the club.  And despite the random shooting and stabbing, I was not aware of a serial killer.  But then, I'm an old man and this movie was made expressly so I would not understand what was going on.  I will report that critics said it was wonderfully acted.  My favorite scene was one in which one of the principals spent a long and almost silly time to die—the longest death scene I ever remember.  Critics and audiences continue to baffle me by giving this movie a thumbs up, 96% and 83% respectively.  If any of you see it, I'd like to know what I missed.

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)