Cuckoo (#585)


I have a confession to make.  I departed from the movie I saw today, entitled CUCKOO, even more cuckoo than when I went in.  Yes, it was weird; yes, it had the most complicated plot imaginable; and yes, I haven't a clue what the film was about or what it might have been trying to say.  With a sizable audience, suggesting that folks are probably starting to return to theaters, this one is practically guaranteeing that they won't be back.  What I was a able to piece together: A young, teenaged girl has moved reluctantly from living in the U.S. with her mother into her father's house in a resort area in the German alps where he lives with his new wife and a very weird young daughter. Our U.S. girl, Gretchen, is offered a job as a receptionist at the adjacent resort by its very slimy owner.  As to what happens after that, your guess is as good as mine as the film tries to scare us without explaining anything.  Did I mention that I didn't like anything in the 1 hour and 43 minute movie which felt more like six or seven hours long.  78% of critics and 62% of audiences gave it a thumbs up.  I know what I would have liked to do with my thumb!

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)