Alien: Romulus (#590)


I hope I have finally learned my lesson. Don't see a movie just because it's there. Be a little more discriminating. So, by eliminating most of the Marvel comic epics and more and more of the incomprehensible to me sci-fi films, I may have a more realistic strategy in my movie-going lifestyle.  This is the result of seeing and then walking out of the latest "big" movie, ALIEN: ROMULUS, which in no way resembled the original, which I liked and understood, and starred Sigourney Weaver, if I'm not mistaken and which was released back in the Middle Ages.  What I was able to garner from what I saw, a group of disgruntled and unwanted space explorers embark on a scavenger hunt of a deserted space station to sell what they find and encounter a gross monster, and then I left.  It is very loud, with extraordinary discordant and unnecessary sounds that made my hearing aids rattle in agony.  Younger audiences might enjoy it. And it was a hit with critics and audiences with thumbs up of 80 and 86 percent respectively.  Apologies for neglecting to mention in my penguin review that the real star of the movie was BinBim.  I had no idea that penguins could be trained so effectively.  He was a charmer. 

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)