Deadpool & Wolverine (#581)


I did not keep a promise to see no more Marvel Comic films and i regret that.  I went to see DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE this afternoon and was all alone in the largest theater in the complex and it was so cold I was afraid I would get frostbite.  It was a very silly movie in which they acted as though they had just discovered the "f" word and felt obligated to use it and other profanities as often as possible.  I am sorry, readers, but I just don't understand or "get" this kind of movie and this seeming tribute to superheroes who act as though they were dumb as dirt. I hope this is a satire and was made with tongue-in-cheek, but for some reason I doubt it.  Ryan Reynolds, as one of the title stars, won easily as dumbest and silliest, but Hugh Jackman, who should know better, wasn't far behind.  I am not going to even mention the plot because I just didn't care, and with the temperature of the theater and my disinterest, I left before the torture of more than 2 hours was over.  I sincerely apologize to those of you who like this genre and will keep my promise this time not to see another.  Blame the whole thing on old age.  Fans will be happy to know that 79% of critics and 97% of audiences gave this one a thumbs up. 

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)