Mars Express (#550)


I was duped, lured to the theater with the promise of an old fashioned sci-fi mystery thriller.  Sometimes I read a précis of a movie I am thinking of seeing.  MARS EXPRESS sounded like a winner, about private detectives, one a human female, the other a male android in 2200, being sent to Mars to solve a mystery.  Imagine my dismay when the film started and turned out to be what I believe was a French-made animated film of poor quality graphics.  I persisted for 45 minutes, hoping there was something redeeming about this one, but never found it and left the theater disappointed.  In that 45 minutes I saw no evidence that there was going to be interplanetary space travel or any kind of mystery to be solved.  And the dialogue was in English, so I don't think I missed anything.  Sorry to report there's nothing more to be said.  Animation was set back 50 years by this one in my opinion, but I guess I am severely anti-animation!  Critics and audiences alike proved how wrong and backward thinking I am in their admiration for this one. 100% of the 16 reviewers who saw this film gave it a thumbs up along with 80% of audiences.  Guess you can no longer trust my judgment and I am headed for a re-education clinic!

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)