Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (#559)


I made a decision after going to see FURIOSA and leaving the theater before the film ended.  I'm just too old and disinterested to waste time seeing these action-filled Marvel comic superheroes and their ludicrous exploits that I honestly don't understand.  Furiosa, I suspect, was intended to capitalize on the successful franchise introduced in 1979 and starred Mel Gibson.  I also suspect that no one in the audiences today were even born when the original was in theaters.  This one, like the others, looks like it takes place in Australia and is sometime well in the future and depicts a dystopian world (I had to look up the definition of dystopian to be sure it meant what I wanted it to).  And I can't tell you much more than that.  It is a world filled with awful biker people, led by a man with the inappropriate name of Dementus.  A young girl, Furiosa, leaves her peaceful home and is abducted by the big D.  This is a movie filled with very loud noises and growling motorcycles throughout and a lot of mayhem occurs.  From here on, I will stick with horror films and other less violent fare.  Hope that won't disappoint too many of my readers.  And, to be suspected (I think because of their memories of Mad Max, et al) 90% of critics gave the film a thumbs up, as did 90% of audiences. 

Comments

Most Popular

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Monkey Man (#539)

Killers of the Flower Moon (#475)

Celebrating 500!!!