Boy Kills World (#547)


If Boy didn't kill the whole world, he sure killed most of them in this film.  The body count was enormous; I stopped counting after the first 50, and he'd barely gotten started.  From what I was able to glean from this ridiculous movie or farce or sci/fi epic, a young boy, named Boy, for reasons unknown, watches as an evil woman (played by Famke Janssen whom I thought only appeared in movies starring Liam Neeson and who appears to be a world dominating dictator in this one) kills his entire family. He runs away and seemingly comes under the charge and tutelage of a shaman; as a killing machine, he seeks vengeance on the evil woman and seems not to care whom he kills on the way.  Lots of confusing flashbacks in BOY KILLS WORLD as in Challengers, and during his quest, he rediscovers his dead mother and sister both of whom I was sure I saw killed early on.  I neglected to mention that I think Boy was deaf and mute as a youth but seems to have outgrown these defects.  Boy, played by someone named Skarsgard, is a bruiser and even though he seems to be beaten to a pulp, constantly bounces back again and again.  And in the end, something I rarely mention in my reviews, this whole thing appears to have been a video game (or was I seeing things?).  At least the critics and audiences were lukewarm in their opinion of this one, 60% and 67% thumbs up respectively.  In my humble opinion, the financial backers of this one picked a loser. 

Comments

Most Popular

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Monkey Man (#539)

Killers of the Flower Moon (#475)

Celebrating 500!!!