Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (#532)


The movie I saw today was described by its producers as a comedy, fantasy, adventure, and further depicted as supernatural, action/violence.  To me it was the attempted resurrection of a long ago film that I long ago mostly forgot and brings back to the screen four actors from the original—Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Ernie Hudson, and Annie Potts.  Why didn’t they bring back the rest? I know why not Harold Ramis: He’s dead.  But how about Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis.  I’ll bet when they read the script, they said, "forget about it." What I remember about the original was that it was lighthearted and funny.  GHOSTBUSTERS: FROZEN EMPIRE is an embarrassingly awful movie.  Silly, rambling, dismal plot and lots of noise and other distractions.  I’m rambling because I don’t know what else to write about this one.  The oldsters weren’t treated well.  Dan Ackroyd is supposedly a learned scientist.  He speaks in psycho-babble; and all Bill Murray does is wisecrack.  I recommend  that you read what professional critics have to say about it on Rotten Tomatoes. 44% of critics actually liked it, along with 84% of audiences.  I should know better than to see movies like this, but I never learn.  A sidebar: I met Annie Potts a few years ago when she and her TV producer husband invited some of their son’s graduating classmates from Colby and their families for a lobster diner. I was there because one of my grandsons was graduating.  She looked better in person than she did in this movie.

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)