Dune, Part 2 (#521)


I welcomed March by going to a movie I knew I didn’t want to see and knew I wouldn’t understand or appreciate.  And I was right.  I honestly don’t know if I saw Dune, Part 1, but I recognized none of the characters and had no regrets.  This is a movie for people who read the book or cared about Part 1, and I am not guilty of either.  I suspect this is a saga of someone looking for revenge or war and I was unable to differentiate whether this was supposed to occur in the past or the future since a lot of the action was primitive, but there were aircraft of some kind involved.  I neither recommend for or against DUNE, PART 2.  I sat through almost all of the nearly 3 hour sci-fi action film bored and chilled.  The theater must have turned on the air-conditioning because the movie took place mostly in the desert.  The rest of the world of critics and audiences gave it a thumbs up—94% and 95% respectively. 

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)