Scrambled (#511)


Maybe I’m getting jaded, or perhaps I’m seeing too many films. The movie I saw today, SCRAMBLED, while only 1 hour and 16 minutes long, felt longer than Oppenheimer.  And I confess, I had to read a precis of the movie to make certain I understood I saw what I thought I was seeing.  In my reading, I learned that the director/writer/star based the film on her own personal experience.  It is about a young woman, Nellie, in her 30s who after a series of failed relationships and serving as a best friend to a lot of women by serving as bridesmaid and confidant, decides to freeze her eggs for eventual use sometime in the future.  Yes, her eggs, hence the title of the movie.  It is purported to be a comedy but I didn’t think it was very funny.  And what is really strange, the description of the film on my theater’s website describes it as being about a man who has half a penis getting out of prison (which, if I recall correctly, was one line of dialogue in the film).  Obviously my lack of appreciation  and understanding is a result of a vast generational gap—me being several generations to the rear of the happenings here.  Foul mouths and some sexual shenanigans dominate this one, along with too much talk and depressing situations.  There were no critic or audience ratings for this one on Rotten Tomatoes. 


Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)