Fitting In (#513)


I absolutely have to change my ways.  From now on, I must read a little bit about the plot of the movie I am going to see.  I walked out of FITTING IN rather early in the movie because I was embarrassed,  and those who know me well know that I am not easily embarrassed.  I saw enough of the film to know that a teenaged girl, with her mother, is visiting an OB/GYN to get birth control pills because she wants to have sex with her new boyfriend.  The doctor stuns them and me when he reports that the girl suffers from a real, rare female condition known as MRKH which has her lacking the majority of the female reproductive system and therefore cannot have children and not even sexual relations without a lengthy program which I will not describe but which is described in detail by the doctor.  Leave it to those tell-it-all Canadian women (it won some awards as the best Canadian film)!  Like the director/writer/star of Scrambled, this writer/director (but not star) made a semi-autobiographical film, suffering from the same ailment herself.  Frankly, I don’t believe this is appropriate educational material for a movie, but that’s me.  Is nothing personal or safe from exploitation any more?  And no one should be surprised that 97% of the voyeuring and salacious critics gave this a thumbs up and there were no audience ratings.  Sorry I couldn’t report on what happens later in the film.  Tomorrow I will see what I am certain is a silly and lightheaded movie—Argylle.

Comments

Most Popular

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Monkey Man (#539)

Killers of the Flower Moon (#475)

Celebrating 500!!!