I.S.S. (#508)


It sounded interesting, and the premise was intriguing for a movie. Taking place on an international space station, two crews of astronauts from Russia and the United States together enjoying one another’s company when they all view a massive world war breaking out on Earth.  Each crew is secretly ordered to take control of the space station. Wow! With a premise like that, how could it miss?  Oops!  It did.  Life aboard the space station was handled well photographically with weightlessness and all that jazz.  But nothing really happens; there is no tension; you can't tell the good guys from the bad.  And it’s just plain boring snd you just don’t care what happens, if anything does.  And the actors and actresses (unknown to me) tried hard but failed.  As one critic wrote, “In space, no one can hear you yawn.”  I was surprised that 64% of critics gave it a thumbs up👍. Audiences were more discriminating with only a 43% thumbs up👍.  Prospects for this weekend at the movies are dim, with only Beautiful Wedding (a sequel to Beautiful Disaster which I was fortunate enough to have avoided, I think) and a host of Bollywood epics are scheduled. Won’t hear from me for another week or so I suspect.


Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)