The Marvels (#483)


I have to admit that I really had no clue as to what was going on in the latest release by Marvel Studios.  I know there were loud noises and dynamic music and characters being bathed in blinding light throughout the film.  I believe there were three women featured — Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel and a third very young Marvel, who lived with her clueless parents, identified as Kamala, who did not resemble the vice president.  I know that Samuel L. Jackson, with a patch over one eye, seemed to be in charge of something involving the three Marvels, but that was the sole takeaway I took away from THE MARVELS.  As the only one in the theater at 1 pm and told that I was seeing the 3D version, I was disappointed that this version looked no different to me than any other film I have viewed recently.  What happened to the things flying off the screen towards the audience that used to be the hallmark of 3D movies?  The most gratifying thing about the movie was that it was less than two hours long but it seemed longer.  Obviously audiences gobble up films like this, for 84% gave it a thumbs up compared with 62% of critics.  I keep hoping things will get better in the theaters as the holiday season arrives but I have serious doubts. 

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)