The Creator (#467)


I used to read a lot of science fiction when I was younger, and I thought I had a grasp of what was going on.  What passes for science fiction today is way over my head which is why I was mostly in the dark trying to follow the story of THE CREATOR.  I was aware that the lead character, whose pregnant wife disappears, is forcefully recruited to find snd kill a mysterious adversary who takes AI (artificial intelligence) to a new level and threatens mankind with an secret weapon that can wipe the human race out of existence.  And then they lost me.  I did understand that the secret AI weapon is in the guise of a beautiful little girl, whom the lead character befriends and bonds with.  There are battles and incredibly loud noises and music and lots of action.  I was very impressed with the cinematography and special effects but the plot overwhelmed me because it reached a point where I couldn’t tell the difference between the good guys snd the bad guys (I think they were all bad except the lead character).  I did not recognize Allison Janney who played a vicious and traitorous (to me) colonel.  The film was over two hours long and surprisingly I didn’t fall asleep once. 68% of critics and 70% of audiences liked this one. 


Comments

Most Popular

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Monkey Man (#539)

Killers of the Flower Moon (#475)

Celebrating 500!!!