Hocus Pocus (#474)


I was desperate and the only films playing that I hadn’t seen were those from Bollywood and the re-releases of anniversary films from Hollywood.  So I took a chance and went to see one I had never heard of — HOCUS POCUS: THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY.  I had assumed that if they re-released a film 30 years later, it had been wonderfully accepted and was a hit the first time out.  I was wrong and why they re-released it is a mystery to me.  It was trite and silly and just like a hundred other Halloween-type films.  300 year old witches, portrayed by Better Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and someone else, come back to a little town to wreak havoc and mayhem.  The teens warn townspeople but no one listens to teens.  Right?  It was a total waster of time but at least it was over more quickly than most.  Only 40% of critics and 72 % of audiences liked it.

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)