Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One (#447)


I should have known better.  When the title of a movie reads part one, that means they have already started on part two.  And I saw that it was well over two hours long — almost three hours.  And it starred the diminutive Tom Cruise, who, like Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson, should have stopped making action thrillers a few films back.  And coupled with all that is my growing cynicism and criticism of movies in general, I should have stayed in bed.  In MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: DEAD RECKONING PART ONE, Tiny Tom again is Ethan Hunt, who heads up an IMF team of players who take on assignments that are , simply, impossible.  This time it’s tracking down a sinister and dangerous weapon that could end the world before it gets in the hands of some bad guys.  The stunts, on motorcycles and on top of speeding trains and unlikely sky diving, seems to be repeat performances of something I’ve seen before.  And, of course, nothing is resolved because you have to see part two to know how it all turns out.  I was bored by this movie and found myself looking at my watch waiting for  it to end.  Once again I find myself exactly the opposite of critics and audiences who thumbs up this one 96 and 94 percent respectively. If  the wee one and his stunt making are your thing, you won’t be disappointed in this one. 

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)