The Night of the 12th (#441)


The second winner of this unique weekend was THE NIGHT OF THE 12TH, which surprised us by being a wonderful French language murder mystery which takes place in Grenoble, France, somewhere I had never been.  I loved the landscape, snowcapped mountains and nice countryside.  This is the story of a pretty young girl who is brutally murdered while coming home from her best friend’s place.  The case is handled by the local police force and headed by a newly promoted officer who is obsessed with solving it.  Many leads and no leads are pursued by the dedicated force and they are stymied at every turn.  It has the black and white feel of movies like The Maltese Falcon and others of that memorable era and while it was a bit long, it held my attention.  It had a lot of psychological innuendos.  I will not reveal the ending, which disappointed me because I didn’t really understand it, but my daughter told me why it ended the way it did and her explanation made some semblance of sense to me.  Once again the critics and I agreed wholeheartedly with 94% praising it along with 83% of audiences.

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)