The Flash (#442)


Sorry this is late, but I had a brief stay in the hospital this past week.  I saw THE FLASH with my son during a Father’s Day visit.  We saw it reluctantly because there was nothing else playing and I had rejected seeing the other films playing.  It was yet another DC comics film, none of which I have ever fully understood and this was no exception.  I an assuming this character was previously filmed.  Thank goodness I never saw any of them.  The character is a super hero who is able to enter the future and he goes there to try to alter events that affect his family.  He is alone in his quest because it seems that all his fellow super heroes are retired or on other missions (e.g., Superman and Super Woman).  He finally is able to enlist the aid of a reluctant Batman, played by Michael Keaton (and at least one other Batman portrayer according to my son).  The Flash finally confronts the villain, General Zod, played by an unrecognizable Michael Shannon, and another fine actor, Jeremy Irons was in it but I was unaware.  The Flash accomplishes his mission (was there any doubt?) and surprise!  George Clooney pops up unannounced for about 25 seconds.  I won’t see the sequel.  Critics (65%) and audiences (85%) gave it a thumbs up.  I didn’t. 

Comments

Most Popular

The Fabulous Four (#580)

Civil War (#541)

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (#473)

Oddity (#579)

Monkey Man (#539)